Whey clear liquid protein is used by many body builders and endurance athletes. But did you know that in addition to helping those athletes build more muscle and recover faster after exercise, consuming whey has many other benefits?
The main components in whey protein are amino acids, and they exist in whey in a form that is easily absorbed. These amino acids are sometimes called the building blocks of protein in the body. And proteins have many functions:
- Proteins in the form of enzymes help to speed up reactions and help the body to perform its very important work of detoxification. Enzymes are used for digesting and metabolizing foods as well as for replicating DNA.
- Antibodies which protect the body from germs are made up of proteins.
- They are required for repairing as well as building tissues, including muscle tissue.
- Hormones are made out of proteins (hormones are messengers in your body that order your cells to do all sorts of vital things).
- They help to make your hair, skin and nails strong and healthy.
- Protein is required for the proper functioning of body processes like transporting nutrients and contracting muscles.
- Proteins can provide energy to your body.
In their function of helping the body in detoxifying poisonous substances, proteins and their precursors seems to be critical in aiding both to prevent disease and in helping you have optimal health. The amino acids in whey clear liquid protein, especially one called cysteine, help your body to manufacture the antioxidant glutathione, which is used in detoxifying many chemicals. Glutathione has been called the master antioxidant, and some scientists feel it is the most important nutrient for the body for detoxification, after water!
Whey also has other components such as Lactoferrin and Immunoglobulin G (IgG) that help to boost your immune system. Many have reported that taking whey clear liquid protein increases their energy, endurance, mood and helps them to lose weight as well. So what are you waiting for?